We’ve all been there. It’s Thanksgiving Day and you’re in the kitchen rushing around making what seems like a bajillion dishes for your carefully curated dinner spread. But then you realize someone snacked on the dinner rolls again, or maybe you actually do need that backup pie, or you forgot to buy (insert your favorite spice blend).
Your stomach drops. You frantically pull out your phone, anxiously searching for the closest grocery store that might be open. It’s up to fate! Is anything open or will Thanksgiving dinner end up being anything but perfect?
To help your festivities run a bit smoother, I compiled a list of major grocery stores that will be open on Thanksgiving Day along with their operating hours.
Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving
Thankfully, a decent number of grocery stores keep their doors open with adjusted holiday hours for those last-minute, emergencies. However, keep in mind that many follow regional hours, so give your local store a call or check individual store hours via their location finder before heading over.
- Albertsons: Open 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Food Lion: Open 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (select stores will be closed)
- Kroger: Open at 6 a.m. and depending on the location, may close at 4 p.m. or 5 p.m.
- Harris Teeter: Open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m..
- Piggly Wiggly: Open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Safeway: Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stop and Shop: Open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. (select stores will be closed)
- Wegmans: Open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods Market: Open 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Closed for Thanksgiving
Below are the stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, so get your shopping done ahead of time:
- Sam’s Club
- Trader Joe’s